Sunday 21 January 2024

Anchovey-less

 Took our guests up to the North Street market for coffee and a bite to eat. They mostly wanted to see if they could get some 'posher than supermarket' style anchovies, I thought we'd be inundated with canned specialty fish in that neck of the woods. Alas, best we could find was a jar costing £6 which was far too steep. They went back to London anchovy-less, but not before a few more card games.

Once the house was back to normal I cooked up a roast for the two of us and Rebecca played more of my new game than I did! You play as a translator in a far off land and you have to interpret glyphs and speech eventually threading together their language. It's riveting stuff and very gratifying once you guess a set of stuff correctly. We warped out minds together for a spell until my brain was exhausted - hope that means I'll sleep well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment