Wednesday 12 October 2011

Akward phone call

Nothing too eventful happened today so I thought I would share this real telephone transcript with you from this afternoon, please bear in mind that the gentleman on the other side sounded awful due to his very shoddy phone.

Theo: Hello
Mr X: Hello, is Mrs Durrant there?
Theo: No I'm afraid that she is out
Mr X: Oh ok, i'm one of her colleges and I was told that she pick up my (inaudiable), I really need it so when she gets back could you get her to call me
Theo: Your what sorry?
Mr X: My (inaudiable)
Theo: (Knowing that he cannot ask again in fear of sounding rude) Oh... ok... I'll, I'll tell her you rang
Mr X: Ok, thank you, goodbye
Theo head: What the hell just happened?!

I got arround to watching Irreversible after that phonecall and in some small way I left mentally scarred. It left an impact on me as a viewer in a similar way to 2001: A Space Odessy as I would personally only watch it once but it was one hell of a ride. It has possibly the most infamous of rape scene in a film amoungst a few other moments in the first half which really leaves you feeling sodimized yourself. The second half is an almost polar opposite and I actually found myself laughing with the characters despite the violence I saw in the first half that nearly left me thinking 'They went too far.' Watch it if you like extreamist or hyper-realistic cinema but do view with caution, I read on IMDB that the first 20 minutes has a very low frequency in the mix that is inaudiable to the naked ear but is the same noise you hear during earthquakes that creates feelings of sickness and nausea and I was certainly felt a little disorientated during the exposition.

No comments:

Post a Comment