Tuesday 4 October 2011

Ideas on paper

The group had a small brainstorming session today about our future projects, we know for a fact we will do a genuine zombie film as our coursework practically demands it since Mark has decided to study Zombie in film and I have chosen to study Sam Raimi's horror films. We have also begun planning 'A Day in the Life' mini series that will basically play out as 2-3 minute mockumentaries on unusual characters, we have some good ideas so far and will have a lot of fun making them. We shall spend some time in our frees scripting these shorts and should definitely come out with some good stuff for the future!

I have been very keen to watch Network as I have seen it on numerous Icheckmovies lists. The performances were absoultly stunning, especially between Dunaway and Holden, his final monolouge is one of the highlights. The film did tend to phase in and out of interesting points at it kinda lost me when they hit us with all the TV jargon but I got really interested when people started yelling, I couldn't take my eye's off Peter Finch whenever his character was onscreen as you know he is going to be so unpredictable. It also poses a lot of interesting points about the TV generation and the media as a whole, encouraging you to get mad and scream: 'I'm as mad as Hell and I'm not gonna take this anymore!'

No comments:

Post a Comment