Monday 10 October 2011

MIB

Had some very interesting conversations in school about religion and the existence of God today because it was Monday and we were feeling a tad philosophical. We are also very excited about our screening of our film 'As Time Goes By' to a large(ish) audience at our house evening, it's basically a talent show and I in particular would really like to see a audience response to our film.

I had intentions of watching Irreversible today but I was somewhat intimidated by its themes that consist mainly of rape and violence so I just thought 'sod it, I'll watch Men in Black,' a complete contrast I am aware. It was pretty decent, the opening sequence had some very good music from Elfman and the film ended quite well. What bugged me is that it had a lot of 90's pop culture references, mainly ones that poke fun of other actors, some of which flew right over my head and will seriously hinder it's lastability. Smith was very good but Jones's character was a bit dull until near the end where he is given a very rushed attempt at character development. I'm sure it will have a place in some 90's kids hearts but for me it was a little bit mediocre, I expected more laughs but I merely sniffed wit amusement infrequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment