Thursday 13 October 2011

Energy Ball

I found my electricity glass ball thing, I forget the actual name for these things so hopefully pictures will speak louder than words:

Google images informed me that these are called plasma balls, my nostalgia informed me that they are awesome.

Me and Mark had a proper go at scripting our zombie film today and it sounds amazing at the moment, I have also been doing a lot of Internet research on gore effects we can use, so far we want to make a head a'splode and to break an arm, there will probably be bullet wounds as well but we'll have to wait and see. Cafe Studios are also going to be filming half of our latest short film/sketch idea, we pray that our extras will turn up, the bribe of 'biscuits and other snacks' is hopefully enough!

I found Dazed and Confused while scouting through our DVD's today, hit it up on IMDB, who's the director? Only Richard Linklater, the man who brought us School of Rock and the lovely Before Sunrise (a favorite.) The film is basically 100 minutes of high school kids chatting, smoking weed and paddeling freshmen, and it's great; if you like that kinda film. Simple day in the life premise, lots of mini narratives and decent characters and somehow it just works as a film. If you love an meaty plot then steer clear, like Clerks this one has a bare bones narrative but human characters doing normal things and chatting about crap; the kind of film I deeply respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment