Sunday 2 October 2011

My milkshake...

...Did not and will not bring all the boys to the yard because it was funky and not all that great. Afterwards I tried to make some pukka iced tea with freshly squeezed orange and lime juice, that went a little better but I didn't add enough sugar at the last minute and it tasted like water as a result, I even frosted the glass with sugar to make it look the part; sadly it was another letdown.

While watching some film noirs I realize that my brain goes numb from all the information I am putting into them as due to the fast talking and twisting plot, worst offender is Brick which I couldn't understand a word of dialogue. The Maltese Falcon was not so bad at this but I did briefly get lot at times but at least it had the decency to recap every now and then and the talking moments were varied with moments of shouting which were pretty cool. The fighting was also quite humorous and Bogart was great as usual. It didn't have the most satisfying of endings but at least it didn't go for a strictly happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment