Tuesday 9 April 2013

Fight Test

I could have slept in for another hour, I could of but I recently I have been sucked into watching Arrested Development. It's like this little indie US TV program that does everything right and quite literally has me laughing out loud at several instances yet I also care deeply about some of the characters. I was also trying to fill my head with amusing thoughts because I knew we would be busy at work.

Recently I have been listening to The Flaming Lips, one song in particular, (Fight Test) got me thinking during my walk in. The lyrics were:

'Cause I'm a man, not a boy
And there are things you can't avoid
You have to face them
When you're not prepared to face them'

They certainly rung true when I got to work as the place was packed but we had prepped most of the stuff we needed bar some party food. A co-worker quickly came in and asked if we could have it 20 minutes ahead of schedule and my mind turned to the song as I prepared for the suddenly unexpected. Who knew that Eddie Catz would teach me subtle lessons about manhood?

No comments:

Post a Comment