Thursday 25 April 2013

My Left Foot (Has healed up nicely)

Super chuffed with the Dualshock 2 controller that arrived in the mail today. Couldn't believe how comfortable it was to hold, now I have another excuse to replay Metal Gear Solid 3! After watching In the name of the Father yesterday I decided to watch another Daniel Day-Lewis film: My Left Foot. It was a triumph. In terms of acting, you really cannot beat anything Day-Lewis does, you just instantly believe that he is whatever character he plays. Even though I watched 2 of his films back to back it's almost unfathomable to believe it was the same person in the lead role. It was a humble story too, it never really had that Hollywood feel of sugar coating a physical disability so it gets a lot of points for that. While not as grand in terms of film-making as The Kings Speech I would happily rank My Left Foot alongside it.

1 comment: