Monday 22 April 2013

You've got Mail

Same routine as yesterday for going into work. Early wake-up, double espresso, good music, better weather. Yes siree, it's gonna be a lovely day. 30 minutes later I was already sent home due to the overall lack of customers. I actually spent longer walking to work than I did physically working there.

Oh well! Since I have been watching a lot of old films recently I only felt it fitting to watch a 90's rom-com to break the mold. You've Got Mail is a spiritual re-make of the 1940 film 'A Shop around the Corner.' While the re-make doesn't quite capture the spirit of its predecessor it certainly captures the spirit of the 90's. With the now goofy, over sized computers and dial-up tones it certainly provided me with a unintentional chuckle along with a few genuine laughs mainly earned by Tom Hanks. A fun one to watch on a lazy afternoon, especially if you suddenly get the day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment