Tuesday 30 April 2013

Peddled into a corner

Walking home from school with Louis proved to be a little bit awkward today as were jumped by a activist from the Canal Trust. Now don't get me wrong here, I have nothing wrong with people peddling things in public, heck, I've dressed up as a giant cat to do that, so as long as your not promoting Scientology I am cool with it. These guys were pretty awful though, not as human beings, that honor goes again to the scientologists, but they just seemed desperately unprofessional. Their stand consisted of a petite gazebo with a couple of empty energy drinks strewn in the back for good measure. Whenever I am pressed into a situation where I have to interact with someone like this I am often judged to hell by Louis so I tried to do everything I could to get away, without seeming too rude. I asked for a leaflet, they didn't have any, I told them I hadn't any cash on me, they only accepted debit card numbers. At this point alarm bells starting ringing rather loudly in my mind as I sought for an escape route. I told them I'll swing by the same way tomorrow with my wallet, but for now there was nothing I could do to help. Now I just need to make sure to never walk that way home again!  

No comments:

Post a Comment