Saturday 15 March 2014

Organisational is Key

Organisation skills are improving! Phoned up the Bournemouth Air Museum to ask them if they would be comfortable in being the main focus of our uni documentary. Typically before phonecalls with strangers I do a mini rehearsal in my head to psych me up - socialization never has been my strong point. They said yes, not thanks to a wicked, per-mediated charm on my part, but most probably because I sounded overly interested in planes and aviation. I was telling them I had seen the place before and how cool it all looked and will look on camera with passion, and when they guy said they now had a fire-truck I must have sounded like I had a sensory overload.

Mark's shopping list was the second victory of today. Purchasing an electronic cigarette was a lot easier sounding on paper. Nowhere in Winton seemed to sell them, it wasn't until I strolled up the road for a bit I found a shop that literally sold nothing but E-cigarettes. It was like Willy Wonka's chocolate factory for nicotine addicts. But even they didn't have quite the one Mark was looking for. It wasn't until I stumbled into an independent DVD rental shop that I found exactly what I needed, naturally they guy was very interested in films too so when he found out it was going to be a movie prop he got very excited. He even gave me a science lesson on how they function. So now I feel smarter than I did this morning - it was a good day.

I even picked up Mum's Birthday present, makes a change from getting one 24 hours before the actual day. What a good son I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment