Monday 24 March 2014

Yay for Post!

*Ding Dong.* That noise marked the end of my dream. I am typically the housemate who needs to answer the door in the mornings. Mark and Lucy are often away and while Jamie's room is mere 6 feet away from the front door, he is in a sleep deeper than a Sports Direct mug. Eight in the morning was unusually early in the morning for the postman to come, while I appreciate their efficiency I was cursing them under my breath after they left - it was such a lovely dream I was having.

Actually. Nice dreams aside. Mail for me? Probably my US imported Tales From the Crypt boxset? No no no. New Nerf gun! Figured I deserved a small personal present after helping out on the film set last week. Played with it all morning too. Whatever misgrievances I had about being rudely awoken by post evaporated very quickly when I pulled the trigger on my new toy. Bless you postmen of the world!      

I was the star student at Uni today, not because I was being especially clever but because I was the only one in the group who had watched 'The Prisoner.' This netted me a lot of brownie points with our lecturer who called on me multiple times to discuss plot and themes of the show - I didn't have the heart to tell him that I only saw a handful of episodes when I was only 8, my knowledge was rusty but apparently serviceable. And by that, I mean he chuckled when I could quote 'I'm not a number, I'm a free man!'

Just finished up a group editing session with a uni pal on our coursework. Together we fought through a lot of grief to get something come out that actually looked part-way decent. Our main issue came from working around our main actor who consistently changed and ad-libbed his lines, every time we wanted to cut into his dialogue with another clip, it would be inconsistent. Every single time. At least he made a lot of dramatic pauses we could splice into. Literally just finished uploading it to Dropbox now, gotta catch some sleep to catch a train. First stop, London Waterloo.

No comments:

Post a Comment