Friday 10 April 2015

Funderworld

6:30am is a time I've become unfamiliar with and a time best spent tucked up in bed. Pity I was springing out in order to grab a ride to Bristol to meet up with Mark to go to a funfair in the evening. Naturally I had a bit of time to kill however so I spent a portion of my morning just strolling along the harbour of Bristol just before all the commuters have scuffled in and before the consumers can be bothered to wake up; perfect time to just soak up the world.

I blitzed through the book my girlfriend lent me a few months ago while sitting in a park and enjoying the view. Shortly after I helped Mark pick some props/furniture needed for a future Wildseed project from this excellent warehouse that dealt with unwanted office supplies. The centre was a veritable wasteland of junk in the most beautiful sense and was perfect for our needs.

Last stop was the funfair itself which was actually brilliant. I went on most rides with Mark and really put him through his paces. The final attraction we visited was this huge pendulum thing which swung you up, down, over and round. Mark was visibly a bit nervous before sitting in the harness but was quite vocal in his discomfort. That was until we went upside down, then he just didn't say anything while I continued to make a fool of myself shrieking and whooping.

It was only until the ride came to a complete stop that he said: 'At last I have a chance to swallow my mouthful of vomit.' He's been holding onto that for the entirety of the ride, what a trooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment