Wednesday 15 April 2015

London in a Day or Three

Back home after spending a lovely few days down in London with my girlfriend. Because she's basically a local she took me around all the hotspots in Twickenham, Richmond and also Central London.

We went up the monument, all 311 steps of it (I know the number because my 'you went up the Monument' certificate told me so). Had lunch at Five Guys which was a tad expensive, but the burgers were so pukka and easy to eat. Rebecca was mostly in awe of the drinks machine they had there as they offered about 8 different flavours of cola and another dozen drink options which was mindboggling. With bellies full we marched over to the Imperial War Museum, I haven't been there in a long old while and I always testified that it was my favourite museum in London. Then they had a re-haul of basically everything and something had been lost along the way, it's still a good museum but nowhere near as good as it used to be.

We went out in the evenings as well to have dinner with her parents and later drinks with her friends from back home, my wallet wept at the costs of a pint in Richmond so I made my beer last as long as humanly possible.

Coached back home this evening, shattered from all the London walking but refreshed by the prospect of playing a semi-new fighter in Smash Bros. Then I got shattered again and now I'm headed to bed. I really enjoyed my time up in London and I look forward to any chance I have to go back for a weekend or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment