Sunday 5 April 2015

Happy Easter 2015

A rather cool looking Easter Egg appeared in front of me today. It's wearing sunglasses and looks like its wearing some beats by dre headphones. Guess Mum thought that's what I do in my spare time when she bought it for me.

Lunch was huge today! Dad brought along 3.8kg of pork, we probably managed to get through about a quater of tat today with the promise of many piggy sandwiches in the future. I also endevoured to go for an Easter Sunday stroll with the family. Initially I was reluctant and offered Mum a challenge: Beat me at the Dragon's Fury pinball game and I'd go on the walk. However after Grandad tuned into Songs of Praise I decided to bail pretty quickly and just go on the walk. We went up and down a small park in Orpington which Louis and I used to go to a fair bit when we were a lot younger. Nice to see the place hadn't changed much and it served as a literal stroll down memory lane, which is always nice.

I also remembered that it was this time last Easter Sunday that I was asked to help produce the war film I made with a handful of coursemates. Looking back on that moment I would say that was the turning point regarding my university enjoyment. I got a lot more involved and known within my course as a result and just really felt a lot more accepted by my peers which was a lovely feeling. Similarly I recall being out there in the trenches for that one day and I just got a real confirming feeling that I was doing something I loved. 

Haven't actually cracked into any of my eggs just yet but I will certainly be tucking in tomorrow when I get back home in front of Netflix. I'll try to pace the chocolate consumption this year, stuffed myself silly in the past and always regretted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment