Friday 3 April 2015

Potential Perfection

Been working my way towards psyching myself up for some script writing today for our uni group project. I realise that possibly the greatest thing holding me back is the fear of imperfection. Now I know that probably sounds really narcissistic, but let me break it down a tad to hopefully make me again seem more humble.

Whenever I work on a project like a film I always want it to be the best it can possibly be. As a general rule, this is a brilliant mentality to have because you always push yourself for what could be an excellent product. My problem is that I let the poisonous thought of 'is it really good enough' plague my mind. I take a very long time to write most things because I am often in combat with this thought a lot of the time and can only bring myself to muddle through a handful of sentences only after they have been processed with a lot of love and care; then I doubt that too.

Eventually I get into a groove and I remind myself that 'all good writing is just re-writing.' But its always in that initial stage I feel unsatisfied with whatever I'm working on because I tend to focus on all the ways it could turn into a train-wreck because it isn't good enough. I will muddle through this one until I'm happy with it, 90% of the time I have an epiphany moment about a project, it's just getting to that point which is hard.  

No comments:

Post a Comment