Saturday 8 August 2015

Bus Battle

Finished up my day at work yesterday then got packing to go down to Bournemouth to see Rebecca. National Express have scarcely let me down when it comes to getting me from place to place on time, however yesterday they were 30 minutes late to pick me up. The whole time I was paranoid that I missed it so I spent a long while glancing over my shoulder for the coach. So I got in a bit late, but it was OK, there was a fireworks festival on the pier shortly after my arrival so we didn't have to wait around so much in town before the fuses were lit at 10pm. The display was actually quite short, but they looked gorgeous reflected in the water, some multicolored fireworks even lingered on the waters surface like small flames; fond memories of the lantern scene in Tangled came to mind.

Getting the bus home was an absolute travesty though, so many people were on the beach for the show and they all rushed out as soon as it was finished. Clusters of people all stood around at various bus stops waiting to get on, Rebecca asked if we should just walk and I shot down that idea. I spent the next 45 minutes wishing I hadn't. Traffic moved ridiculously slowly and by the time we got home it was almost midnight. All I wanted to do was collapse into bed.

Today was very chill though, I made pancakes for breakfast and then Rebecca and I watched Clueless (her choice) and The Terminator (my choice.) We had our lazy day in today so we are looking out to spending some time outside tomorrow on this stoking hot weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment