Saturday 1 August 2015

Samurai Swords

Coaxed Louis into playing Pikmin 3 today which I consider a small achievement. I remember Mark playing through this one as well which I always thought was slightly uncharacteristic of him, often Mark will want to try a game but he will very rarely see a game through to the end like unless forced. Pikmin 3 and Resident Evil 4 are two exceptions. Seeing Louis finish a game on the other hand is a different story completely, as I can only name a handful he's gone the distance with without getting bored or distracted and I hope this will also be the case.

Otherwise I saw two films with samurai swords today: Throne of Blood was a Kurosawa interpretation on Macbeth which really nails the feelings of paranoia for a guilty monarch. Best scene by far was the final death sequence which could quickly go into any top ten character deaths list. My copy had some very shoddy subtitles though as I had to re-interpret 80% of the transcript as English was clearly not the DVD producers first language.

Kill Bill: Vol 2 was second up on my list and completes the story of The Bride. While it runs at a much slower pace than the first one, we are treated to an excellent performance from David Carradine and the same campy violence the series is known for.

No comments:

Post a Comment