Sunday 30 August 2015

Homebrew Take Two

It's lovely being back in Winton. Walking up and down the high street feels like home now and popping into the familiar favourite shops is always pleasant. Its actually gotten to the point where I recognise the staff in both Lidl and Wilko, I dare say I'm starting to know Winton just as much as I know Newbury now.

Begun round two of the homemade beer. I tried making a batch about a year ago now and frankly, I still haven't got the awful taste of crap beer out of my mouth. This time I'm hoping the homebrew turns out much better, I shelled out a bit of extra cash for brewing sugar and invested the help of my Dad, a seasoned home-made beer expert to ensure this batch comes out on top form. Only time will tell, by September 19th we should know for sure. 

Had a bit of a crisis at first though during the cleaning stage, I personally like to do a deep clean on all my equipment (as is recommended, but I take it to an extra level.) Spent a good old while using a chemical cleaner on the big buckets to scrub out all the bacteria, go to rinse it all out under the garden tap and two big spiders go and fall into the barrel. I felt totally unmotivated to make a arachnid themed lager so they had to go. Nothing but normal beer for me and my to-be housemates.

No comments:

Post a Comment