Sunday 23 August 2015

Gone With the Wind

Earned this lazy day I feel, or at least I certainly earned the lie-in. While I really didn't do much during the daytime aside from getting some serious 'me time' in I finally committed to watching Gone With the Wind and frankly, I feel foolish for not seeing it sooner as it was absolutely sensational. 

Remarkably, it doesn't feel remotely dated. In fact, it feels like it has only gotten better with time as it has a very classic feel which only adds to its charm. It is also commendable what they accomplished for 1939 as every set and scene just looks like it is a cut above other films of that decade. Performances, music, lighting, camerawork - just everything was so on point and occasionally it all aligns beautifully for some truly breathtaking moments. Not a lot bad to say about this one, although I was slightly more enamored with the first half that dealt with the civil war over the second half. But it's all worth it for those oh-so quotable ending lines which inspire goosebumps if you know they are coming.


No comments:

Post a Comment