Wednesday 18 April 2018

A Quiet Place

Last time I went to go see a horror film at the cinama was back when The Woman in Black came out... that was 6 years ago. I was worried I might be a bit rusty, but then again, you never forget how to scream. Luckily, A Quiet Place didn't make me audibly shriek at any point and it actually found a very comfortable level of horror with me. It was far ore interested in creating tense situations that it was with how many times it could go BANG per minute. That kind of restraint is apparent in the dialogue and story too. After a quick set-up the rest of the plot is rather minimalist in nature, which is something I'm again very thankful for since it never felt baggy or melodramatic. Because there is basically no talking in the film, you really have to keep your eyes glued to the screen to see whats happening next - this was hard for me at time because I like to look away during some of the jumpy moments, but I really wanted to see more of what was going on whenever I did because I was enjoying it so much.

I dig simple movies, and A Quiet Place is exactly my kind of horror film. Really glad I braved my fears to see this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment