Wednesday 4 April 2018

Lugging a Mystery Package

Commute was actually quite leisurely this morning, only had to venture into Acton which is pretty nearby for me, makes a change from going cross capital anyway. In fact, the whole day was rather cushty, single interior location all to ourself and I didn't actually have too much to do in the morning, aside from get a few lunch orders. At one point the crew took sweepstakes on how fast I could run to Sainsbury's and back again with a prop, that brought a bit of mirth to the set.

The definite 'weird point' of my day was when I lugged a sex robot up four flights of stairs with our director. It was one of those introspective moments where you just have to analyse yourself in the third person, a better man would have thought long and hard about his life choices that brought him to that point, all I did was laugh my ass off. It was just lifeless and wrapped in plastic when we opened up the box, bit like Laura Palmer. None of us really want to touch it, but it's a key prop for tomorrow's filming, I'll let you know how that goes.

After all that I came back and gave Dad a call to say Happy Birthday to him. Five years ago we were down in Wales opening a bottle of champagne to mark the same occasion, I always look back fondly on the mini-break and I hope Dad had an equally good day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment