Thursday 12 April 2018

Celtic Board Game

Whacked on my hob first thing this morning so I could start cooking up some oats for my experimental apple and cinnamon porridge, and I think this picture is all you need to see in order to appreciate it:


Topped off with a bit of brown sugar, this was a pretty epic way to start the day. I actually think there may have been too much apple going on in this mix. But that's what cooking new things is all about, testing out different flavours and combinations until you find the right balance. At least that's what Jamie Oliver is always saying - I'm sure my next batch will be even better.

Got a bit more work done and even sent off a quick email to the game studio Mountains to ask if I could interview a member of the team for my next video. It would be incredible to get their input if they agree and it would really up the production value of the final product too if I actually got the chance to do a wee bit of journalism.

This afternoon I decided to get out the house for a bit so I went to visit Louis who is only down the road. We tested out his new board game Inis which has this stunning Celtic art theme:


It's not just a pretty face though, as it played a lot like Risk but with a slightly larger emphasis on town and world building which was a really welcome addition. I also won our first game, so I may be a little biased in my opinion, but I'd certainly play it again if I got the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment