Sunday 1 April 2018

Happy Easter 2018!

Went to the Donnington Grove for our Twin Town Easter dinner, it's a venue of high esteem but the meal was really underwhelming. The icing on the cake was when we waited an hour after our dessert for a cup of coffee, when it finally arrived it turned out to be instant coffee - what a let down!

With bellies full of mediocrity, we trekked up to Donnington castle for a little Easter egg hunt with everyone from the Twin Town, the rain held off for just long enough for us to show them a little slice if Newbury's part in the civil war.

This actually marks the first time in my life that I haven't spent Easter with my Grandparents down in Orpington. As a result, today never really felt like an Easter Sunday to me. I'm missing my simnel cake and lazy afternoon with the family. No matter though as I'm sure we'll visit them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment