Friday 31 August 2018

Early, Early Shoot

Set my alarm for 3.20 and took a two hour bus to get to set today, probably one of the biggest missions I've ever done to get to a shoot day. On the plus side, the day went really, really well. We were shooting an advert for a very big company as it turned out. Initially I was quite worried because the stigma surround commercial crews can be a bit sketchy, but everyone today was professional AND friendly!

I naturally got all the super glamorous jobs, namely mopping a large studio floor to give the surface a mirror-like reflection - a surprisingly effective technique. Unfortunately our talent couldn't perform on any wet patches so I'd frequently have to get in my hands and knees to towel off portions of the flooring, then wet then again, then dry them again. Kept me busy though.

I think I made a solid impression on many members of the crew, especially when someone busted out Mario Kart at lunch and I got to flex my skills.

Day is over now though and I'm shattered, in going to sleep for hopefully 90% of the Megabua journey back. I'm already dreaming of my bed and giving Rebecca a late night peck on the cheek.

No comments:

Post a Comment