Wednesday 8 August 2018

Taking Our Pick

Is there a nicer way to spend a Summer morning than berry picking? If there is I don't want to know. Mum drove us along to the small town of Sopley to pick some raspberries and strawberries (which we later had for pudding). It was a really chill and lovely thing to do and I couldn't resist getting a few photos:




Later on I sat down and tanked through the final chapter of A Prayer for Owen Meany which was a totally great book. It had me totally hooked from the very beginning and kept peppering in little bits of foreshadowing that kept me guessing right up to the final page. It was beautifully written too and a total pleasure to read, the next book I pick up will have to do some heavy lifting because Owen Meany is a tough act to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment