Wednesday 22 August 2018

The Streets Hit Back

Well, it turned out that hitting the streets with my CV was a hood way to go. Just before lunch I got a call back from on of the coffee shops I visited and they gave me a telephone interview. Two hours later I was having a face to face interview and arranged to do a trial shift with them this Friday. Its all happening so fast right now after months of nothing, but I'm pretty pleased so far. If the trial shift goes well they'll likely offer me a place on board.

I decided to knock up another batch of bread too. I tried out an overnight ferment technique that was advertised as being 'no kneed'. Maybe I messed up my ratios, but when the dough came out it was unbelievably wet still and I had to rub in a whole bunch of flour and kneed it all together for the standard ten minutes... Not too sure where I actually saved time on that one. Despite that setback, it turned out really, really good, probably my best loaf yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment