Friday 10 August 2018

I, Tonya

Spent the last few hours in Bournemouth watching the rain fall onto the patio table, wishing we had a deck if cards. It was a little sad to go, but I'll be back in a few weeks with Rebecca and I already can't wait.

Our trains were really naggered coming back, our journey took about an hour and a half longer than expected and there I was without a book to read. I indulged in eavesdropping on the people in front of me for a spell, then I just listened to podcasts and watched the world go by. I made it back in time to cook Rebecca some burritos and watch I, Tonya. A good and highly enjoyable film, with flashes of greatness, but it never quite found its feet for me. I think it didn't have a substantial emotional anchor or character truth to keep me wholly invested. Most if the second act puts Tonya on the backseat too which is a bit of a shame. Still, its a good story that is told very well through the lense of a pseudo docu-drama, in the wrong hands that approach could have been a disaster, but after you've seen the film you couldn't imagine it unfolding in any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment