Sunday 21 April 2019

Happy Easter 2019

Got up bright and early this morning so I could enjoy a bit of naff television with Dad and Louis. Jamie Oliver's Money Saving Meals was the only tolerable thing on telly early doors, and it's arguably not Jamie's finest hour either. Breakfast was the old Easter favourite, grapefruit, boiled eggs and hot cross buns - you can't go wrong with any of those! Chocolates were exchanged, a few were cheekily eaten moments after breakfast and then we hit the road to our Auntie and Uncle's house for a jolly good lunch while soaking up some of the glorious sun. Tell you what else got a fair amount of sun: our chocolate eggs sitting in the car boot. A delicate prod revealed that most of the Easter goodies from the morning had melted into a chocolaty mass, a common problem up and down the country this year I'm sure. No matter though, after firming back up again in the fridge I'm sure they'll be right as rain.

I headed back to Bristol on the train since I'm opening up the shop first thing tomorrow. Felt a little low on the journey back, guess I was just sad the holidays were over for me just as I got into the swing kicking back with my family. I do think I made the most of it this year though and it was lovely to see my Grandmother and my Cousins once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment