Sunday 10 November 2019

Bromley to Orpington

With four hours sleep under my belt, I left Lincoln's house in Bromley to go visit my Grandmother in Orpington. I set out a good time and travel schedule for the trip, as the crow flies, its a pretty simple journey but it took a lot longer to get there than expected. I didn't take into account the Remembrance Day parades that ultimately changed a lot of my bus routes, in one case my bus terminated 12 stops away from my destination. But when the front door opened and Grandma greeted me I knew the journey was worth it. We had a cup of coffee and some biscuits and chatted about life and how much we were both looking forward to Christmas. She remarked that this was the first time I'd ever really gone to visit her without my parents, I left thinking I should make a habit of dropping in to visit more often since I had such a lovely morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment