Wednesday 20 November 2019

Food > Writing

I'd set out to do a mini day of writing, instead though it turned into a day of cooking and food prep. I'd recently decided to try my hand at some chilli sauce, last month I got a batch of chilli peppers and I finally put them to good use today. I'm starting with a fermentation process in a lil' jar full of a spicy brine. In a few weeks time I'll have some super tasty peppers ready to blitz into sauce. If the yeild is good enough, I may even send some out as Christmas presents.

For dinner I strayed outside my comfort zone and made a spanakopita, a kind of Greek chicken and spinach pie, any recipe that calls for 5 cloves of garlic is a win in my book so I gave it a shot. It was a meal that could be entirely done from the comfort of a cast iron pan and Rebecca was so impressed with the final product she took this little photo:



Served with a side of some roasted mediterranean vegetables and boy, it made for a good mid-week meal.

On another note, I accepted another Running job for next week. Three days total in London through a contact of mine, its flattering to get headhunted like that I must admit.

No comments:

Post a Comment