Saturday 16 November 2019

Weary Wine

Couldn't fathom just how busy we were today. I shared the morning shift with a very friendly new starter and by the sounds of it both of us wanted to us the sleepy morning to chat and get to know each-other a little better, instead we were swept up in a rush of people thirsty for the new Christmas drinks and cakes. Guess we'll have to get antiquated properly tomorrow now since I left fairly early today, but I was admittedly happy to leave the busy gaggle behind me. Once I was home, Rebecca and I relaxed a bit together and go the flat ready for a visit from my Mum, Louis and Rachel. We chatted the night away as the red wine made Louis' and my cheeks equally go crimson. I'll sleep well tonight knowing that I'm a little weary and a little merry, but it was really lovely to have Mum round again for a social visit. Some of the best memories of our flat are of times when my family are sat round a table, chatting and eating good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment