Wednesday 11 November 2020

Beach Beats Bake Off

Clawed my eyes open this morning all for the sake of watching Bake Off on catch up. There I was, scrambling around trying to plug a my laptop into the hotel TV in my pants, I thought I'd be polite and listen to it on my headphones. Shock horror, I left my headphones in the boot of my car. Reluctantly, I got dressed, and groggily pawed my way outdoors trying hard not to make eye contact with any contact with my early bird colleagues (I was wearing yesterday's clothes). Mission failed, I bumped into a Runner who started talking to me. "I'm heading to the beach to go surfing, wanna come along?" Impulse kicked in, hell yeah I wanna go to the beach. So I did.

30 minutes later I was strolling along a windswept coastline, poking my head into caves and watching the waves. Very lucky I left my headphones in the car - got to enjoy a bit of the seaside all before work!

I had a fairly easy day compared to one of my team. They got up at 5am to drive to Bristol and then back to Cornwall, with 30 minutes left of her journey her car's clutch broke on the motorway. Worse still, it'll be £800 to repair it. Glad I wasn't her.

No comments:

Post a Comment