Saturday 14 November 2020

Party at Eden

My biggest job of the day was buying enough alcohol for our 'almost done in Eden' party. I queued up at the supermarket with £100+ of booze and I had to quietly explain that we weren't having an illegal drinking party, we were responsible, negatively tested adults who have been working crazy hard for 2 months. The check-out lady looked like she'd seen it all already though and gave me no trouble.

With beers in hand I spent the evening unwinding with the team and getting to know them all a little better. I've spent so much time isolating in the truck I'd almost forgotten there was another 30 humans working their collective socks off to try and bring this project to life. Between beers and board games, I felt humbled to be in their presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment