Friday 20 November 2020

Counting Muddy Sheep

Took the trip back to Brean today. I thought I was being all clever and sneaky by setting my sat nav to avoid the disruptive road closure, but though most of the journey was brand new, Google Maps spluttered me back to the same junction, with the same road closure sign. Wearily, I swallowed the 20 extra minutes it added to my journey, and turned onto the alternative country road. Two minutes along that, I saw something that looked just like a herd of sheep on the road, and sure enough, it was. I was literally driving into the 'road trip from hell' cliche. A pair of farmers were desperately trying to wrangle two dozen sheep while pulling two out of a ditch in the road. I just laughed it off mostly and caught this wonderfully surreal snapshot:

Despite the long trip, the day went well. Got plenty done again and the day went quick as a result. About to drive back home with the rushes in tow, then I'm off to bed for a well-deserved 2 day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment