Saturday 7 November 2020

The Northern Slopes Take 3

 Next week I'll be down in Cornwall for work so I wanted to spend some quality time with Rebecca. Though I opted out of doing the weekly shop with her (I cited new Covid, 'one person does the shopping' legislation, but in reality I was just feeling lazy) but otherwise I wanted to do some nice things together that defined us. That mostly entailed watching The West Wing while getting take out, but towards the latter half of the day I wanted to show her a nice view I found on a walk I did a few months back. I've mentioned The Northern Slopes here a few times now, but I've finally managed to pinpoint exactly where the core beauty spots are. My intention was to take us out on a Wintery picnic on the highest hill that overlooks Bristol while the sun sets with coffee and Portuguese tarts. Though the view was nice, it was hazy on account of people having weekend Bonfire Night's, plus the day itself was a little dreary. So while we enjoyed the coffee and the grey skyline, it wasn't as magical or transformative as I'd hoped - she had a nice time, but I just wanted it to pack a bit more of a punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment