Sunday 8 November 2020

Motorway Ready

Tackled another one of life's first this morning, I say this fully aware that this isn't something a 27 year old often celebrates, but here goes: I drove for the motorway for the first time ever today. With Rebecca riding shotgun and acting as my guide, she showed me the ropes and offered several helpful tips and tricks. Though I was tense to start with, I eased into the journey quickly and swiftly got the measure of how it all worked. Tomorrow I'm due to make a big trip down to Cornwall for filming so that'll be the real test, but as it stands, I have no quarrel making the trip. I've pre-made a lengthy playlist of catchy music to keep my mind occupied too (It is a 2 and a half hour journey after all so I'll need something) just hope my phone doesn't overheat while acting as my GPS, otherwise I'm all happy.

The hardest part about being away from Rebecca over the next week won't be the fact I'll be living in a hotel by myself. It'll be lying to her afterwards about how I definitely did not watch any of The West Wing without her. In all but name, we've been binge watching that show all weekend and it's going to be tough going cold turkey on it for the next few days - guess that'll be the glistening light at the end of the tunnel.


No comments:

Post a Comment