Sunday 22 November 2020

Crimbo Cake

Plucked the first of my lemon tree's lemons in aid of adding some more zest and juice to our Christmas cake. Rebecca and I have never baked one before so we thought we'd give it a go. I was in charge of boiling down the booze and dried fruit, within moments, the whole house smelt like Christmas came early. We were helping ourselves to a generous number of taster spoonfuls of mixture, plus a few crumbs of the final product. Just got to keep feeding it brandy for the next and then we can tuck in!

Speaking of cake, we took our weekly pilgrimage to up to North Street to check out the Sunday Market, we'd never seen the chimney cake man before so it felt rude not to sample his treats. We plucked coils of cinnamon-sugar cake while queing to get a coffee from mynold cafe. They'd recently had an exodus of staff (all for wholesome reasons) so they were more delighted than usual to see me. Made me miss the barista life a little bit, but I was proud to tell then my new job was going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment