Tuesday 10 November 2020

Getting Lost in Lostwithiel

Writing this blog while I'm still in the production truck - we just called wrap but I'm sticking around to help put people into taxis if need be.

I set my alarm for 8:15 this morning with the full intention on riding my snooze button long into the early hours of the morning. For whatever reason though, I bolted awake immediately and found myself sat in my hotel room with 4 hours to kill. Fortunately Lostwithiel is one of the better places to be marooned in, the Sun was out and it beckoned me outside for a stroll. So I did just that. Went for a walk along the river bank, saw the famous Tudor Bridge and waltzed around the perimeter of the town. Felt very lucky to be able to do that today, it was certainly a lovely way to start the day.

With just over an hour left before I needed to be at work I decided to give my Grandmother a call and it was great to chat with her. We chatted about our gardens, she's been offloading potatoes and strawberries like it was going out of fashion apparently, made me wish I was her neighbour! I signed off wishing her a good day and she did the same back, I think some of that well wishing made a difference because my day went rather well. Smashed all the job I had to do today and I'm in a good position to do the same tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment