Sunday 25 April 2021

Clerk

A bundle of dirty laundry came with me down to the nearby town, destined for the launderette. I didn't have quite enough change to get the washing machine going so I dashed around town to break a note, instead I bumped into the show's director and my old uni mate having a coffee and they tossed me a few pennies to get my wash on. I sat with them while my shirts got clean and basked in the near-Summer Sun. I ate lunch alone at a nearby restaurant - it was a Sunday carvery and a surprisingly good one at that. Rebecca and I spent a lot of time together virtually, playing games and chatting about our week.

This evening I was shattered though and just fancied staying in. A while back I was chatting with the show's director about films and I flippantly mentioned that Clerks was my gateway movie. Funnily enough, a friend of his was doing the finishing touches on a documentary about Kevin Smith (The film was called 'Clerk') and he passed on a sneaky link to watch a near-final version of the film. It was only after the film ended I was stuck by how wonderfully circular my life has been leading up to this point. With Clerks being a firm favourite of mine, guiding my passion which has ultimately lead me to this job, and now here I am watching an unreleased film about how that film has influenced the lives of countless souls. Made me stop and think about my life and smile about how lucky I've been recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment