Sunday 18 April 2021

Root

Shared a 'Sunday, Scrambled Egg Special' with Rebecca. Its almost become a little ritual now where we get up late and enjoy a cooked breakfast while watching rubbish morning television - I wouldn't want it any otherway.

I recently treated myself to another batch of board games, one of which I was very excited about called Root. Despite it's Calvin and Hobbes, Woodland Warriors atheistic it's an oddly complex game. I spent most of the weekend ingesting the rules so Rebecca and I could play a tester game. I think I overfilled Rebecca's brain while explaining the rules, but the fact she could play as cat characters thankfully kept her invested. After about an hour though the game clearly clicked for her and she stormed ahead to victory. 

I bid Rebecca a sad farewell as I motored  back to Devon. Its hard knowing you'll be away for so long from the person you hold dear but hopefully we'll arrange to meet in Devon sometime soon. I'll actually be getting up at the very crack of dawn tomorrow morning to travel to Cornwall, first early morning car trip - see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment