Sunday 19 December 2021

Dressing Down the Car

The final weekend before Christmas is obviously the perfect time to do a slap-dash trip to the high street. As we were driving down, I spotted two familiar figures crossing the road - Louis and Rachel! I bellowed out Louis' name as we passed by and he just shook his head. Classic Louis. Then it dawned on me, we were both probably doing last minute shopping for each other... Made the whole thing seem a lot more awkward in my head than in realy though, we bumped into them again shortly after and they confessed to doing exactly that. Good thing we crossed paths at a good moment!

Cleaned out my car ready for its return tomorrow. In hindsight, it's probably the best of all the hire cars I've had recently. I'm going to be a little sad to see it go. Put about 4,000 miles onto it in 6 months so I suppose it had a good run, I'll miss the sound system most, that car had the best bass I've ever experienced. 

Of course, we did the annual present wrapping session. I adopted my position as tape master and Xmas Music DJ, in doing so I realized just how few Christmas songs I'd actually heard this year. Band Aid and John Lennon's songs are ones that haven't played for me yet, I've only heard Last Christmas less than 5 times too... Got a lot of catching up to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment