Saturday 4 December 2021

The Last Duel

 Rebecca tapped on my door, wakinge up just in time to catch my eyebrows hit the ceiling as I realized I slept in until 10am. Felt like a normal day rather than a weekend being locked in the same room. Rebecca got to go out and enjoy the outside thankfully, she told me all about it and I listened with child-like wonder in my eyes.

We've also recently been watching some things together over video chats, we both press the play button on a movie at the same time and keep our microphones on so we can catch each other's witty banter. A mid day movie was the perfect thing to do in Lockdown and The Last Duel satisfied a lot of criteria to earn the favour of both Rebecca and myself. It's writing and attention to structure was its most praiseworthy quality, it juggles a lot of balls and manages to keep them all airborne while keeping you constantly invested in the fate of the characters. Only Ridley Scott can make chain-mail look this good and a lot of attention to detail brought Medieval France to life - it was almost a shame I watched it on a laptop. Solid film all round, if you peek under the hood you'll admire its craft all the more.

No comments:

Post a Comment