Thursday 30 December 2021

Get me to my Family on Time

A full social calendar today meant I got to do a wee bit of a Stretch Armstrong impression. I got behind the wheel of Rebecca's car and drove us across to Newbury for family day. I was there for a few hours, plenty of time to show my face, help make mulled wine and giggle alongside the younger relatives. We had to slip away as the games came out, I drove us back to London so we could make it to Rebecca's Uncle's house for their family get together. Despite dating Rebecca for 7 years, today was the first time I'd ever met that side of her family - they were incredibly lovely! They kept saying how much they appreciated me being there and I felt very touched. Though I'm very tired now, I'm glad we made the effort to make both social events, and with nothing to get up for tomorrow, we'll reward ourselves with a nice long lie in.

No comments:

Post a Comment