Sunday 12 December 2021

Living in the Living Room

Headed out early so Rebecca and I could do the Christmas shopping just as everywhere begun to open. Had a really successful jaunt along the high street, getting bits for a lot of our 'harder to buy gifts for' people, ticking several off our list. To commentate a job well done (and to say a big thank you to Rebecca for looking after a Covid-ridden Theo) we ate lunch out at Pieminister... Also, it wouldn't be Sunday without gravy.

I'm in an odd interim stage now where my job is drawing to a close next week, but I don't want to start any new games until my time off. This made me feel a bit non-committal this weekend, but it was a blessing in disguise. It freedede up to just enjoy the moment instead and not rush around to maximize weekend time. It's A Wonderful Life was on telly and I found myself watching all of it, relishing every second. Karate Kid was the chaser film, while I wasn't as invested, it was nice to watch the highlights again while tucking into a cheeseboard for dinner. The living room is a lovely space to exist in right now and it's a pleasure to slow down, recenter and spend quality time there. 

The final work week looms, its going to be one final mad dash... I'm digging deep to find the willpower to push on. I got 5 more days in me, just about.

No comments:

Post a Comment