Saturday 25 December 2021

Happy Christmas 2021!

I believe I was the first up this morning so I skulked into the living room and played a bit of Animal Crossing. It was the very model of a white Christmas in the game while outside the real life windows was a drab day. A great excuse to get the fire going and to enjoy the glow of the tree.

My big gift this year was a new SSD drive for my computer (a very boring gift on the surface, but I'm genuinely very excited to upgrade my PC). Plus a board game I'm keen to try out. To my delight, even good old Daniel Roberts turned up at the door to exchange presents and to wish me a good Christmas - bless his heart. 

Dinner followed presents, I check on Mum and Dad a few times as they were cooking it and they remarked in how well it was all going. So much so that Dad forgot to plate up his favourite part of the lunch: red cabbage. Luckily, there were so many other trimmings we all only noticed after licking the last of the Christmas pudding off our spoons.

We ponked ourselves around the TV afterwards. Superworm was the below-average annual animation, luckily Father Christmas was on shortly after, a short I hadn't seen in perhaps 15 years and I loved it. The hours peeled away afterwards, the dreary day was obscured by night and once Mrs Brown's Boys came on we knew it was time for bed.

Felt very fortunate to be able to spend Christmas in the traditional way once again, few things beat my parent's Christmas dinner and the atmosphere of our cosy living room. Hoping everyone had a blessed day too spent with their loved ones.

 Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment