Sunday 5 December 2021

Miss Americana

 Though I'm still in solitary confinement, Rebecca and I have still dreamed up of little ways to spend time together. I tuned in to watch Netflix's Taylor Swift documentary with Rebecca, I wrote it off last year as a self-aggrandizing short-term biopic, at least, that was my thoughts before having seen it. In reality, it does a lot of flag bearing for her, but it does at least begin to peek under the hood of how she's a victim and benefactor of fame. It didn't really want to get its hands dirty though so we only get a glimpse of these things followed by a lot of fan-pleasing recording session clips. At the end of the day, it's a documentary for the fans, for better and for worse.

Some distaced board games were played on my landing too. Rebecca had to move ally pieces but we still got some good matches in of some of our favorites. More than anything, it just whetted my appetite for some real board game nights with friend and family. Just so ready to leave this room now.

No comments:

Post a Comment