Monday 24 January 2022

5 Spice

Last week's chicken continues to nourish us. We made a stock from all the leftovers and Rebecca float the idea that I make a Pho out of it. It's been a little while, but I was up for the task, armed with ginger and spices I got to brewing the broth. In pervious incantations I followed a recipe that called for an ungodly amount of Chinese 5 spice to make up the body of the soup, my phos have always ended up tasting like firecrackers as a result. This time around, I neglected to put in the new recipes advisory 1/4 teaspoon of spice for something thing more in the 2 tablespoon ballpark. Though far from ruined, tonight's dinner was a little overwhelmed by 5 spice. At the same time though it was the best one I've ever made, just need to tweak one thing and I'll have a Pho recipe I can return to over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment