Wednesday 5 January 2022

Escaping Christmas Jail

Rooted through my wardrobe in search for my running gear. I don't consider it a New Year's resolution but I told myself I'd get back into running after a slightly grim thought popped into my head last month: I can't remember what me sweat tastes like. Felt like every week in PE at school I'd have buckets if the stuff pouring out my hairline, inevitably trickling into my mouth. I wouldn't call myself inactive these days, but I'm certainly not making the very most of my youth or body. I'm training up to do longer runs again, hoping to do at least two runs a week now. Today's went a little too well, my pace was very quick but I got an easy 3K. Felt downright ropey an hour after the run was over, can't wait to feel invigorated after a run again, it's just a matter of time.

To ensure we wouldn't get hauled off to Christmas Jail tomorrow morning, Rebecca and I stripped out tree if it's decorations and normalized our living room. The tradeoff for more space is the lack of warming, winter vibes. We took a moment to look and thank this year's tree for being such a good one, no doubt next year's will be even better. I took extra care to bundle away the tree lights very carefully, all so future me can be impressed by how considerate I can be - my early Christmas present to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment