Thursday 20 January 2022

We all got Hills to Climb

 Before the Sun was shining I was clambering up the road, dead set on being the first one into our local bakery. My target: Pain au Chocolat, warm ones too. One for me and one for Rebecca - a midweek treat for her after doing her own, more metaphorical, uphill battle with work this week. Hot pastries secured, I walked home and climbed back into bed - Rebecca didn't even noticed I'd got up!

Between vegetable dialogue I fired up the outliers oven for a spot of baking. We're seeing friends this weekend and a coffee cake would seal the deal. My recipe is patented now, you could seal it in amber, crack it open 1,000 years from now and people would still mutter to themselves 'this is a good recipe'. Real espresso is the key ingredient, the rest is Mary Berry to be fair. I also learnt that I ain't one for making dazzling looking bakes... It'll be good eating, but you might just have to eat this cake with a blindfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment